Able is a team of digital product builders (designers, software engineers, and marketers) that own, operate, and invest in a portfolio of technology companies. We work in many fields, from entertainment to crowdfunding to cancer research, and collaborate with influential leaders at the intersection of technology, media and politics.
By adopting a portfolio approach, we operate with the efficiency of an early stage startup, the wisdom of a seasoned investor, and the infrastructure of a mature business. Our successes are shared as equity and revenue; our failures are distributed as knowledge and learning.
We're seeking a Product Manager to help grow our portfolio.
As a Product Manager, you'll work with our Product Designers and Product Engineers to launch software products. For each product, you'll embed deeply with our partners, learn about their needs, work with them to define the problem, and work with our team to define the solution. Succeed or fail, you'll have improved the team and process with your learnings, and emerge stronger for the next one.
- Multiple years experience building software products from inception through public launch
- Deep intuition and passion for product
- Ability to translate broad vision into clear requirements
- Strong customer focus and empathy
- Excellent communication skills
- Strong skills in qualitative and quantitative research
- Passion for honing and refining the software development process
- Comfortable with ambiguity
- Independent and proactive
- Experience working on enterprise software
- Experience in technology consulting
What You'll Do
- Embed yourself with the customer: With the support of your Product Designer and Product Engineer, you will talk to key stakeholders of all parts of the organization to understand their strategy and needs.
- Communicate opportunities: Based on your insights, you will communicate the highest leverage opportunities to pursue.
- Analyze progress: After shipping, you’ll measure the effectiveness of the software that’s been shipped, and use your analysis to inform the next release.
- Evangelize the product: Educate customers about new releases, and collect feedback to inform future iterations.
What You'll Get
- Variety: Our portfolio approach means that you’ll receive exposure to a variety of industries and problems, either through your direct project work or through collaborative sessions with other project teams.
- Leverage: We operate like a startup with cheat codes; you’ll be able to leverage a distributed team that has shipped multiple releases and projects.
- Environment: A chance to work with people who are deeply passionate about their craft and process.
- Compensation: Our salaries are competitive, and we offer comprehensive health, dental and vision insurance.
Your First Project
Your first project will be building collaborative software for a newly-established cancer research institute. This institute is creating a new model for funding and sharing research, and providing its network with unprecedented resources, both financial and technical. A V1 for this software has been built, but we’re looking to you to embed yourself with the customer to better understand their context and needs, and evangelize what has been to date, and what will be built.